~ Team Fitgenix
Do you recollect the last instance when you were appreciated by your team mates or your manager?
When was the last time you thanked a colleague for the contribution he/she/ they made to effectively rollout a product launch?
Gratitude in the workplace is something that can not only be developed over time, but is something that pays dividends to everyone involved. A strong sense of workplace gratitude allows for the organisation and individuals alike, to claim all sorts of rewards.
The practice of gratitude—and its close sibling, appreciation—has started to infiltrate workplaces, and through this post we at team Fitgenix try to highlight the importance of consider gratefulness as a rich component of workplace well-being.
At the end of the month the management team can celebrate a month of gratefulness to mark the beginning of employee well-being. Existing HR and wellness team in enterprises can conduct health and well-being workshops and sessions for employees to show gratefulness, appreciation and thankfulness.
6 ways companies can champion the attitude of gratitude among employees
- Ask your wellness team for a gratefulness initiative to incorporate into employee well-being strategy.
- Share stories of your ‘fit employee’ and the efforts put to achieve it.
- Even a small gift from you to fitness freaks at the workplace could be a great source of motivation for the entire team. A small wellness voucher/coupon gift for your employees can add an extra mile of smile for employees.
- Include healthy menu at office canteen by not compromising on the taste.
- Check with your wellness officer and his report for the well-being graph of workplace.
- You can send an email or use the office notice board to state that you are thankful for a healthy and fit team. This gesture of gratefulness towards your employees will boost their morale.
Clinical trial by Professor Robert E. Emmons of the University of California indicates that the practice of gratitude can have dramatic and lasting positive effects. It can lower blood pressure, improve immune function, promote happiness and well-being, and spur acts of helpfulness, generosity, and cooperation.
Contribute: Do write to us about any wellness program in your company that has led to noticeable gains for your employees, at firstname.lastname@example.org