A pair of air-filled, spongy organs of human lungs are in-charge of the respiratory system. They work together to help us breathe.
The best formula to keep your lungs healthy is by having diet chock – full of essential vitamins and antioxidants, doing regular exercise and creating a stress-free aura around you. Studies too, backs on how breathing is influenced by nutrition and work out activities.
What you all need to do is remember G-FAT and forget ABCDE. Oh got confused?
Here are the health hacks to protect your liver. Shield it with required nutrition. Also, you would be able to lower the chances of liver-related disorders.
Let’s start to understand it better.
- Go with the G factor :
Role of Garlic and Ginger is magical in removing toxins from the respiratory tract. The anti-inflammatory properties of both ginger and garlic play significantly in reducing inflammation of the lung. Include these in the various recipe of your choice.
- Flavonoids finesse :
Flavonoids strengthen cells and help in preventing the development of various lung diseases. Sources include- Apples, peaches, Almonds, Red bell pepper, cherries, berries etc.
- Astonishing antioxidants :
Antioxidants have a proven role in curtailing the risk of lung cancer and other respiratory infections.
Best sources include dark berries family-like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.
I have talked much about the power of blues in my previous articles. Why don’t you take a visit again?
- Turmeric trigger :
The anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric are the prime pharmacological benefits This keeps lower the inflammation of lungs and respiratory tracts.
Turmeric milk is an age-old remedy. You can drink this golden milk as health tonic regularly.
If you are already troubled by lung inflammation, exclude all the NO- NO food from your menu. To simplify it better, just remember to forget ABCDE foods.
What are they?
- Acidic food– Citrus fruit like oranges, tomato sauce and coffee etc.
- Bad beverage- Carbonated cola drinks and sodas increased bloating. The increased gas and bloating can put extra pressure on the lungs.
- Cruciferous vegetables – Although these vegetables are very healthy but at the same time, may trigger gastritis and bloat too. It’s wise to limit vegetables like Broccoli, Cabbage, cauliflower, radish etc.
- Dairy Products – This has been observed that dairy food items worsen the lung diseases symptoms by increasing mucus in the intestine.
- Excess Salt – Sodium has the tendency to hold water and excess water induces breathing problem. Keep on a check over the invisible source of sodium in the diet like Papad, salted biscuit, excess use of bakery food items etc.
Ø A study from the European Respiratory Journal, March 2012 suggests that nitrates added to prolong the shelf life of processed meats, bacon etc. may increase the risk for lung diseases.
Ø Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2010 found that breathlessness from the condition is associated with a low intake of dietary folate ( sources include dark green leafy vegetables, beans, peas, nuts etc)
Ø As per Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 2013 says high levels of omega-3 fatty acids (fatty fish, walnut, and flax) are linked with healthy lung.
Contribute: Do write to us about any wellness program in your company that has led to noticeable gains for your employees, at email@example.com